I told you I would keep the meyer lemons coming. It’s Friday after all, a good time for a cocktail. I have never been a huge vodka fan but I will have an occasional one of these little gems.
- 1-2 Meyer Lemons
- Simple Syrup
- Grand Marnier
- Drink Shaker with Lid
- Strainer (if not built in)
- Martini Glasses
- Chef’s Knife
- Fine Grater
- Wet two martini glasses and stick them in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Zest one of the lemons and set aside.
- Slice a few thin slices of lemon for garnish.
- Juice the lemons.
- Put a cup of ice in the shaker.
- Combine 4 Shots Vodka, 1 Shot Grand Marnier, juice of 1 large or 2 small lemons and 2 Shots of simple syrup over the ice and shake. If you are lazy or in a hurry, use 1 1/2 teaspoons of sugar.
- On a flat plate slightly larger than the martini glass sprinkle sugar.
- With one of the lemon pieces rim the glasses so they are damp.
- Lightly swirl in the sugar, creating a sugary lip. (optional)
- Strain drink into glass and garnish with lemon slice.
- Sprinkle a little zest on top of each drink.
Makes 2 kick-ass drinks. Do not operate heavy machinery after consumption.
Simple Syrup: Combine equal parts water and sugar over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Let cool. This will keep in the refrigerator for at least a week.