Great friends of ours are moving from the block this month. It’s rare to have friends within walking distance in Los Angeles. Over the past few years we have taken advantage of this proximity and shared a cocktail, a few bottles of wine, or both, over some amazing dinners, fattening breakfasts and tears of joy and sadness. Yesterday may be our last “local” bloody mary together. So thank you to you both for sharing with us each other’s food, news, views and booze. Cheers!
Makes 2 Drinks
- 8 Jiggers Clamato Tomato Juice
- 4 Jiggers Vodka (pepper if you have it)
- 8 Shakes Worcestershire Sauce
- 8 Shakes Tabasco Sauce
- Squeeze of Fresh Lime
- Grated Fresh Horseradish
- 2 Celery Stalks
- 4 Olives (stuffed with Anchovies)
- Salt and Pepper
- Cocktail Shaker
- Shot Glass
- Fine Grater
- Tall Glasses
- Grate about a teaspoon of horseradish. You can use the stuff in the jar but the fresh is a totally different taste.
- Pour all of the liquid ingredients into the cocktail shaker.
- Add about 1/2 Teaspoon of the horseradish.
- Salt and Pepper.
- Add a handful of ice and shake briefly.
- Pour into glasses with a few ice cubes.
- Garnish with Olives, Celery, a pinch of the horseradish and a little more pepper.
Fresh horseradish is what makes this so wonderful. Often, the produce section will have huge hunks that are expensive. Ask your produce person to cut a piece to a size that you will use; usually about the same size as your fist.