- 3 Carrots, chopped
- 4 Celery Stalks, chopped
- 1 Large Onion, chopped
- 2 Cups Chicken (either left over from the night before or whatever is handy),
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth
- 4 Cups Water
- Bay Leaf
- 16oz Pasta (whatever is in the cupboard, I like spaghetti)
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Chef’s Knife
- Large Stock Pot
- Pot for Pasta
- If you don’t happen to have any leftover chicken, then broil some in the oven with a little salt, pepper and olive oil and a touch of white wine in the bottom. Let cool then tear the chicken into bite sized pieces.
- With a little olive oil in the bottom of the stock pot, saute the onion then add the celery and carrots. Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add broth, water and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil for about 5 minutes, then turn to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Put a pot of water on for the pasta.
- Cook pasta until al dente.
- Add chicken and pasta to the stock pot and simmer for another 20 minutes.
- Adjust seasonings and climb into bed.