I am spending the week in Nashville and unfortunately not cooking. Last night I was still feeling a little under the weather. I didn’t want much to eat so I settled for a glass of wine and an appetizer at the hotel bar. I am not going to generalize about the food in Nashville. I have been assured that there is good food here. But the pizza like dish that I ordered last night was not, well, appetizing.
I can’t just say the pizza stinks. Here I offer you my version that I think is delicious. I hope you enjoy it.
- Pizza Skin (see Feb. 25)
- 1/2 Small Onion, Sliced
- 1 Cup Mushrooms, Sliced
- Small Chunk Goat Cheese
- Corn Meal
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Pizza Stone or Pizza Pan
- Pizza Peel
- Non-Stick Pan
- Chef’s Knife
- Pre heat the oven to 450.
- Add the mushrooms with a little salt and saute until they become soft and the liquid wicks out.
- Remove the mushrooms and add a little olive oil.
- Saute the onions.
- Sprinkle corn meal on a pizza peel.
- Place the skin on top of the corn meal and very lightly drizzle with olive oil. Spread out with fingers.
- Layer onions then mushrooms.
- Evenly distribute little chunks of goat cheese over top.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted and crust is golden brown.