I do go on about sugar and how simple carbs are not all that good for you and can make you fat. Generally, when most people talk about sugars they are talking about added sugars. Just like dietary fat, a little will never kill you. I think that the occasional homemade cookie makes you smile and there is nothing wrong with that.
- 2 1/4 Cups All-Purpose, Unbleached Flour
- 1 3/4 Cups Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Sticks Butter
- 1 Bag Chocolate Chips (Or Butterscotch)
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 Mixing Bowls
- Hand Mixer (Optional)
- Cookie Sheet
- Fine Strainer
- Cookie Jar
- Sit the eggs and butter on the counter to get to room temperature. About an hour.
- Pre-heat the oven to 375.
- Sift the flour through the strainer into the bowl.
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, mix the butter and sugar into a cream.
- Add one egg at a time.
- Add the vanilla.
- Slowly beat in the dry ingredients and the chocolate chips.
- Scoop golf ball size balls onto a non-stick or buttered cookie sheet, leaving enough room around each to spread out.
- Bake 8-10 minutes.
- Repeat until all of the batter is gone.