I know, this sounds weird but try it, you’ll like it.
- Romaine Lettuce
- Grated Parmesan
- Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon
- Tin of Anchovies
- Chef’s Knife
- Salad Bowl
- Grill or Grill Pan
- Drizzle the whole romaine head with olive oil and place on a hot grill. Turn frequently. You can also break the leaves apart and grill that way. Regardless, you only need to grill for a minute or two.
- In a salad bowl, squeeze the juice of a lemon, add twice as much olive oil and stir.
- Crush two or three anchovy fillets into the liquid and let dissolve. If you do not like the taste of anchovies, substitute 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce.
- Finely grate about a quarter cup of parmesan.
- Toss together and add a handful of croutons.
- Shave some more parmesan on top.