Peaches are not quite yet in season, but I am in the south and dreaming of them. I don’t have much time today so I thought I would give you a little recipe to save for a hot summer evening while I was thinking of it. This is a recipe directly out of my cookbook “Table For One“. If you live or at least occasionally cook for yourself you should have a copy. Go to the website or on Amazon and grab a copy. There are tons of tips on shopping, cooking, setting up a kitchen and, of course recipes for one. It’s also a perfect gift for a grad.
- 6-8 Ripe White Peaches
- 1 Bottle Prosecco or Cava (or other sparkling wine)
- Juicer (any kind will do. I have the hand held press type)
- Fine Strainer
- 2 Bowls
- Plastic Wrap
- Squeeze the juice out of the peaches into the bowl. Any juicer will work, or even just your hand as the peaches should be ripe enough to just fall apart. You can also use a food processor or blender but I don’t like getting stuff like that dirty if not necessary.
- Strain peaches into the other bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. The key to making a great bellini is making sure that both the juice and the sparkling wine are REALLY cold.
- Fill Champagne flutes with 2/3 sparkling wine and then slowly pour in the peach juice. This is the ratio that I prefer. Some like half and half. I think it depends on how sweet your peaches are and how you like it. Either will work.