I’ve been thinking about Hawaii a lot for some reason. I have no plans to go there, although my wife does mention it every now and then. She has only been once and that was for 48 hours to entertain the troops and back out again; not hardly a relaxing Hawaiian vacation. I have had the good fortune to visit the islands several times. I’m not a big beach person but the occasional dip into warm ocean waters is not horrible. The golf was also great (when I played such a game). The one thing I have to admit was not memorable was the food. Please don’t write letters; I have been to Roys. It was fine.
What I do remember about Hawaii were the fish burgers. The amazingly fresh fish, grilled just right – presented as a burger – will always be a standout for me. Below is another reminder more than a recipe. These are just as easy to make as a hamburger, are much better for you and cost about the same amount.
- 1 Large piece or two small pieces of Ahi, Mahi or other Tuna or any other meaty fish
- Hamburger Buns
- Red Onion, sliced
- Fresh Tomato, sliced
- Mango Salsa (see earlier recipe)
- Mustard and Catsup (optional)
- Grill or Grill Pan
- Chef’s Knife
- Salt and pepper the fish. This is equally as good with salmon.
- Grill until medium (a little pink on the inside).
- Build your burger with all of the burger condiments you like.