Sunday morning is usually my safe zone. I don’t answer the phone; I try to stay in bed as long as I can other than grabbing the paper and making coffee and I try to do next to nothing. Today, none of those things are going to happen. The wife is still in New York, the kids made the coffee and the paper didn’t come. My wife has already called several times and I am now sitting in my office instead of my bed. Well F*#K that. I’m going to the farmer’s market and find something delicious for this week.
In the meantime, I will take a moment to share with you one of those amazing impersonations that certain food combinations sometimes create. This is an unusual sandwich, made on the panini maker, that smells and sort of tastes like an In n Out Burger. I won’t promise that you will have the same result, but it certainly was unmistakable when I made it. And there’s NO MEAT!
- 2 Slices of Sourdough Wheat Bread
- 2-3 Crimini Mushrooms, sliced thinly
- Fresh Tomato, sliced
- Green Onions, sliced on the bias
- Honey Mustard
- Chef’s Knife
- Panini Maker or Grill Pan
- Butter outsides of bread.
- Build sandwich of single layer mushrooms, green onions, tomato. Cut the green onion at a severe angle to get the longest, thinnest pieces.
- Spread mustard on one side.
- Grill for a few minutes, until golden brown.
- Slice and serve.