This small plate dessert features grilled peaches with homemade ice cream and salted caramel sauce. Any peach will work, but I like the donut peaches because you can cut them in half and grill as is.
- 3-4 Peaches, depending on thickness
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Cream
- Coarse Sea Salt
- Granulated Sugar
- Homemade Ice Cream (see separate recipe, linked above)
- Chef’s Knife
- Sauce Pan
- Slice peaches either in half or in fairly thick slices. This keeps them from falling apart.
- Sprinkle with sugar (optional).
- Grill on both sides for not more than a minute or two per side.
- Melt brown sugar, butter and cream in the sauce pan and bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Place peach in the middle of plate.
- Fill the hole with a scoop of ice cream.
- Drizzle sauce over.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt and serve right away.