I’ve got a plateful this week, and unfortunately it is not a plate full of food. I will be brief.
I am really enjoying the summer. The food of summer is so delicious and the discoveries seem to be around every corner. Every morning when I walk by my garden and see more ripe tomatoes I can’t wait for lunch. I hope you are having as much fun and eating as many delicious things as I am getting to this summer. The heat and humidity have passed for now so we are under the umbrella and licking up the sweetness of summer.
This is a very simple snack, breakfast, appetizer, small plate, etc. You label it whatever you want, I label it yummy!
Make as many as you have figs
- Figs, Sliced thinly
- Mascarpone Cheese
- Baguette or other Rustic Bread
- Olive Oil
- Pepper (optional)
- Chef’s Knife
- Butter Knife
- Grill, Grill Pan, or Toaster
- Toast some slices of bread. I like either ciabatta or little pieces of baguette.
- Spread a little mascarpone. If you haven’t had this Italian, slightly sweet cream cheese then go find some. It is a real treat. Fortunately, it is now widely available.
- Top with a slice or two of fig.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil and a turn of pepper.