My neighbor came over the other day and handed me an armload of bananas. It was like a scene from a movie, except I am still trying to work out the punch line. Actually, it was a scene from a commercial. My neighbors are production designers and the banana cache was part of the leftover “set” from one of their productions. Sometimes Hollywood has it’s benefits. Thanks again, neighbors.
So I have been trying anything I can to get rid of these bananas without ending up having to toss them and not having to bake endless loaves of banana nut bread. My recipe was not quite ready for this morning and it dawned on me that a banana daiquiri might be a refreshing Sunday afternoon cocktail and I certainly had the bananas. Even if I got it wrong a few times we would still have a luscious libation to celebrate Sunday.
- 3 Bananas
- 3 Ounces Light Rum
- 1 Ounce Triple Sec
- 2 Limes
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar (if needed)
- 2 Cups Ice
- Paring Knife
- Hand Juicer
- Peel the bananas and cut them into hunks.
- Combine the bananas, triple sec and rum in a blender.
- Squeeze the juice of two limes into the blender.
- Add a few ice cubes at a time and blend. Repeat until all of the ice is gone and you have a nice, frothy drink.
- Taste and add a little sugar if desired. Blend again and serve.