I nearly forgot to post this today. I woke up thinking about this recipe, got side tracked and forgot. Here it is. This is simple and wonderful. Many don’t like anchovies, but I believe that it’s the word more than the taste. For those who have never tried them on principle, try them tonight. Call them Bob or Joey if that helps.
- 2 Tins (2oz each) of Canned Anchovies in Oil
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Lemon
- 1/4 Cup Flat Leaf Parsley
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Chili Flakes
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Mixing Bowl or Food Processor or Mortar and Pestle
- Chef’s Knife
- Toaster, Toaster Oven, Grill or Broiler
- Muddle the anchovies with their oil, parmesan, garlic, parsley, chili flakes, a squeeze of lemon and olive oil. You can easily do this by muddling all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl with the back of a wooden spoon, or in a mortar and pestle or give it a few zings in the food processor.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust. You may not need any salt at all.
- Slice the baguette on the bias and toast, grill or broil.
- Spread the concoction and drizzle with a little more olive oil.