My main goal in this project is to help people cook. I’m not really interested in gourmet cooking as much as I am conveying delicious and nutritious food that any of my friends or family could fix for themselves and their loved ones without a great deal of hassle, expense or time wasted. This means that I need to keep my ear to the ground for ideas. This recipe idea comes from my good friend and, I am happy to say, loyal reader. Actually, her husband told it to me so, Hélène, if I get it wrong please don’t shoot me.
This is really easy to make but seems like a complicated, gourmet meal.
Serves 1 (easy to double or even quadruple)
- 1 Piece Fresh Salmon
- 2-3 Slices Pancetta, cubed
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Shallot, minced
- Large Handful of Arugula
- Salt and Pepper
- Sauté Pan
- Chef’s Knife
- Sauté the pancetta until slightly crispy.
- Remove any bones from the salmon and lightly salt and pepper it.
- Add the salmon and sauté in the pancetta fat. Cover slightly. Depending on the thickness, the salmon should take 6-8 minutes.
- Remove salmon and keep warm.
- Add the shallots and the juice of one lemon to the pan and sauté.
- Dress the arugula with the pan juices. Serve the salmon over the arugula.