Yesterday, I gave you a recipe for crepes. What I failed to mention is that it takes a bit of practice to get them right every time. If you are planning on making them for a party you might do a dress rehearsal first. There are several fillings that work really well. Something as simple as peanut butter or nutella are wonderful and simple treats. Here is a slightly more complicated, but really delicious dessert filling.
Makes enough for 12 crepes
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Corn Starch
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoon Butter
- 1/2 Teaspoon Lemon Extract
- 1 Lemon
- Zest of that Lemon
- Pinch of Salt
- Powered Sugar for Dusting
- Small Pan
- In the pan, heat milk until it starts to bubble. Stir so it doesn’t burn.
- Turn down heat and add the sugar, salt, corn starch and lemon extract, whisking as you go.
- Once the mixture thickens, take off heat and let cool.
- Pour into bowl, cover and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Remove when ready to use and add lemon zest and a squeeze of half the lemon.
- Spread around crepe and serve with fresh raspberries and powered sugar sifted on top.