There are many fancy ways to bake apples, but I find all of them too much and not like my mother used to bake. This should be really simple. I make these at the last minute when I have apples and remember that the kids love them. You can core the apples but I don’t bother.
- 4 Fuji Apples (or whatever you have)
- 2 Tablespoons Cloves
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon and/or Cinnamon Sticks
- 1/2 Cup Light Red Wine or Apple Juice
- Vanilla Ice Cream (preferable homemade)
- Baking Dish
- Pre Heat the oven to 375.
- Stick cloves in the apples, arranging about 12 evenly in each.
- Place in baking dish. I try to use a dish that just holds them.
- Dust with cinnamon. If you have cinnamon sticks, wedge one each in the top of the apples.
- Pour the wine or apple juice around the base of the apples.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until the apples are soft.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes.
- Remove the cloves and serve with a scoop of ice cream.