Snacking is a problem for me. When I am hungry and tired – a terrible combination – I go for the simplest solution. Since we have kids, that usually means junk. Not the worst junk, but still bad. I have made various attempts to plan ahead, chopping vegetables and putting them into bags, or keeping and eating nuts. I succeed more than I used to. Tonight, I am tired and hungry. So, not only am I not going to spend loads of time on a recipe, I am going to share a great snack.
- 2 Red Delicious or Fuji Apples, sliced
- 3-4 oz Hard Cheese, sliced
- Hard Salami or Prosciutto
- Chef’s Knife
- Slice the apples and cheese. I like an aged gouda, parmesan or white cheddar but any good cheese will do. Leave the skin on the apples.
- Slice some hard salami or fold some thinly sliced prosciutto.
- Combine a little sandwich of the three.
- You can add a cracker if you would like, but it is entirely unnecessary. The sweet of the apple with the savory of the cheese and the bite of the salami are in perfect harmony.