Latest post yet. This is for an amazingly versatile sweet treat that you can make many things from. We use it on top of cheesecake. You can also make tarts, spread on shortbread and accompany scones for tea (I know, a little hoity toity for me.
- 1 Stick Unsalted Butter
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Lemon Zest
- 1/2 Cup Lemon Juice
- Pinch of Salt
- 6 Egg Yolks
- Rubber Spatula
- Mixing Bowl
- Melt the butter in the pan.
- Remove the melted butter from the heat and whisk in the sugar, lemon juice, zest and salt.
- Slowly whisk in the egg yolks.
- Turn the heat back to low and continue to stir until it thickens, making sure that it doesn’t boil.
- Immediately strain into bowl.
- You can store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to a month.