Cutting straight to the chase tonight. It is a very political time and the food politics are so slanted and outrageous that I can’t even bother anymore.
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour + 2 Tablespoons
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Stick Butter + 2 Tablespoons
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 Chopped Walnuts
- 1 Teaspoon Cardamom (fresh)
- Mixing Bowls
- Ovenproof 9 inch Square Pan (Pyrex)
- Wooden Spoon
- Fine Stainer
- Mortar and Pestle
- Pre heat oven to 350.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt through the strainer.
- Beat egg in separate bowl.
- Melt 1 stick of the butter. Let cool slightly.
- Add egg, butter and milk to flour mixture. Mix well.
- Melt the other two tablespoons butter.
- Crush the cardamom with the mortar and pestle.
- In another bowl, combine brown sugar, cardamom, 2 tablespoons flour, cinnamon, nuts and 2 tablespoons melted butter.
- Butter the pan well.
- Pour Half the batter in the pan.
- Add a layer of the brown sugar mixture evenly over the first half of batter.
- Cover with the remaining batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.