The winter’s night has already reached a few friends and is sure to nip a few others in the nose before you know it. Halloween brings with it a chill in the air, maybe some rain or snow and need for warming insides while a roaring fire takes care of our toes. This mulled wine is perfect for one of those nights. Make a batch for the grown ups passing out candy.
- 1 Bottle Red Wine (Don’t spend too much)
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Brandy
- 2-3 Cinnamon Sticks
- 10-12 Cloves
- Pinch of allspice
- 1 Orange, carefully peeled and sliced
- Large Pot
- Chef’s Knife
- Cork Screw
- Combine all ingredients in a large pan, reserving the orange peel for garnish.
- Warm but do not boil, for about 20 minutes.
- Ladle out, straining if needed. Leave on stove to sweeten the air.