I am concerned about my friends in New York. Many are without power and some have been evacuated. The storms are getting worse. I am positive and optimistic but we are not making it easy on ourselves by causing so much man made damage to the planet. This is just another sign.
I hope that my friends were able to get to the markets and stock up on a few items. Wine is always a good idea and ham and cheese will last a little while. Here is my favorite disaster sandwich.
- 3 Slices of Ham or Proscuitto
- 1 Piece Emmental or Brie Cheese
- Roma Tomatoes
- Grainy Mustard
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Chef’s Knife
- Slice Baguette lengthwise.
- Cover one side with mustard.
- Slice tomatoes into thin slices.
- Build cheese, ham, tomatoes and arugula.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Cut in half and serve.