It has finally happened. The holidays are upon us. I heard that Toys r Us are playing Christmas music. I am not a fan of the spiral that is the holiday hurry, kind of like the end of a toilet roll, but I will take this warning to start with occasional holiday dishes. Mind you, most things that we eat on Thanksgiving and around Christmas, Hanukah and New Years are basically seasonal dishes anyway.
This is one of my favorites. The colors are very festive and the dish can be made all through the winter.
- 2 Red Peppers
- 1 Lb. Snow Peas
- 4-5 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Red Chili Flakes (Optional)
- Salt and Pepper
- Chef’s Knife
- Large Sauté Pan
- Clean and slice the peppers in slivers about the same size as the snow peas.
- Trim the ends of the snow peas and remove the stringy bits.
- Melt the butter and add the olive oil.
- Sauté the garlic and chili flakes for a minute or two. Do not burn.
- Add the peppers and snow peas. They will take about 10-15 minutes over medium heat to cook. I like them still crisp but warmed enough to take on the garlic and be coated in the fat.
- Salt and pepper to taste.