Is there such a thing as a lame duck First Lady? I hope so because now that Michelle doesn’t have to worry about getting BO re-elected, maybe she can really make a difference in childhood obesity. No more being nice to Coke and Pepsi. Go for it, Michelle. The biggest problems with the feeding of America’s children come from the advertising of processed food. And it is aimed squarely at the under 10 set. They have great sway with their worn down parents and the advertisers know exactly how to influence them. Do your part and get behind severely curtailing and restraining the big food advertisers. They are advertising poison to our children. They should be held accountable, but at the very least they should be heavily regulated.
Here is a delicious vegetable dish appropriate for the season.
- 2 Medium Parsnips, peeled and diced
- Small Bunch of Italian Parsley
- Parmesan Cheese
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Bunch of Green Onions, chopped (optional)
- Chef’s Knife
- Roasting Pan
- Pre heat oven to 350.
- Peel and chop parsnips into small cubes. The skin of a parsnip is not eatable.
- Place them in an ovenproof roasting pan.
- Salt, pepper and drizzle with a good amount of olive oil.
- Roast for 30-35 minutes, until parsnips are soft.
- Toss with chopped parsley and grated parmesan. Chopped green onions are also a nice addition.