Tonight starts the preparations for Thanksgiving. My son comes home from college tomorrow officially marking the beginning of the holiday week. My wife calls it the twelve days of Thanksgiving. I thought I would ease you in with something that you will surely need.
You may think that I have lost my mind giving you a recipe for whipped cream, but contrary to popular belief whipped cream does not come in a can or, worse yet, a tub. The process actually involves cream and, wait for it, you actually whip it. Here is exactly how.
6-8 Servings (Dollop each on top of your choice)
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Grand Marnier (optional)
- Stand Mixer with Wire Whip or
- Hand Mixer with Glass or Pottery Bowl
- Chill the bowl. This is the most important step. If you are having to use a hand mixer make sure that you are using a bowl that can get cold. Copper or Aluminum would be great, but a glass or ceramic bowl will work as well. Plastic is not so great.
- Add the cream and beat on high for about one minute or until you have soft peeks. Do not over beat or you will end up with butter.
- Add the grand mariner and beat for another 10 seconds or so. You can add sugar instead but I would not recommend it. I would rather just have whipped cream plain. Bourbon is also a nice add, depending on the final goal.
Welcome to the holidays. Enjoy every moment and walk a lot in between meals. You won’t burn many calories but you will feel better about sitting down to your next meal.