I have been asked why I haven’t written about the Twinkie issue. I don’t really have much of an opinion about it. I would hope that the real reason that the company is going down the tubes is that people are starting to wise up about junk food. But most likely that is not altogether true, but the loss will not be a great one to anyone other than the good folks that had to endure the sickening sweet stench of the factory in order to support their families. The most likely scenario is that the corporate raiders have gutted the company and left hard working people without work, pensions or health insurance.
And now for more of the Thanksgiving deliciousness. This is another of our family traditions, one generally volunteered by the eldest child. She loves it. Forgive the canned goods. It is part of the tradition. At least I get my way and have fresh beans.
- 1 lb. Fresh Green Beans, trimmed and cut in half
- 1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Can French’s Crispy Onion Rings
- Baking Dish
- Chef’s Knife
- Sauce Pan
- Mixing Bowl
- In a pan of water, boil the beans for about 5 minutes, or until soft.
- Drain and place in mixing bowl.
- Per heat oven to 350.
- Add the soup, milk and plenty of salt and pepper and toss.
- Mix in a handful of the onions.
- Pour mixture into baking dish.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove and top with the rest of the onion rings.
- Bake for another 5 minutes.