I have done recipes similar to this but this sauce is worth the variation. You make this and the smell alone will make you seek me out and kiss me on the lips.
- 2-4 Pieces Dover Sole Filet
- 1 Pink Grapefruit
- 1 Tangerine
- 1 lemon
- 2 Strawberries
- 1/2 Cup White Wine
- 3 Tablespoons Dry Vernmouth
- 1 Shallot, minced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Sauce Pan
- Non-Stick Skillet
- Chef’s Knife
- Paring Knife
- Long Slotted Spatula
- Peel and section the grapefruit and tangerine (or a few pieces of orange).
- Clean and cut the strawberries into pieces.
- In a saute or sauce pan warm the olive oil.
- Add the garlic and shallot and saute until fragrant.
- Add the wine, vermouth and fruit with a pinch of salt.
- Cook over medium high heat, stirring occasionally until the liquid reduces to almost nothing.
- Melt a tablespoon of butter in the other pan.
- Salt, pepper and squeeze a little lemon on the sole.
- Once the butter is melted add the sole. It only needs to cook on each side for a couple of minutes.
- While it cooks, add the rest of the butter a little at a time and whisk and keep the pan moving. You don’t want the butter to separate and you want a smooth and consistent sauce. When the butter is all melted remove from heat.
- Remove the fish to serving plates and spoon a couple of tablespoons of sauce over it, careful not to smother it.