Tis the season. Here is the first of the cookies and other Christmas goodies.
- 3 Cups Flour
- 1 1/2 Cups Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Coarse Sea Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Pepper
- 2 Tablespoon plus 2 Teaspoons Instant Espresso Coffee
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 Cup Butter, softened
- 2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Large Egg
- 3 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Cardamon
- 1/2 Ground Cloves
- Rolling Pin
- Cookie Sheet
- Mixing Bowl
- Stand Mixer
- Christmas Cookie Cutters
- Stir together flour, cocoa, salt, pepper, cinnamon, cardamon, cloves and espresso into a bowl.
- Mix together the butter and sugar on medium in the mixer until smooth and fluffy.
- Turn to low and add the eggs and vanilla.
- Add the dry mixture and mix until throughly combined.
- Remove dough and form into three equal balls.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Remove one of the balls from the refrigerator.
- Pre heat the oven to 350.
- Flour a smooth surface and roll out the ball with a floured rolling pin to about 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut into cookie patterns and place on a buttered cookie sheet.
- Cook for about 8 or 9 minutes.
- Remove the next ball and repeat until all of the cookies are cooked.
If you would like, you can decorate the cookies with piped icing or powdered sugar. We like them just the way they are.