Last year I made these at our Christmas party. Nobody complained.
- 6 Ripe Persimmons, peeled and sliced
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Cups Water
- Cayenne Pepper
- Good Vodka
- Small Pan
- Cocktail Shaker
- Make a syrup by combining the sugar, water and the persimmons in a pan over low heat. Simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Mush the persimmons with a fork and continue to cook for a few more minutes.
- Let cool.
- Strain the syrup.
- In a cocktail shaker half filled with ice add 2 oz. vodka and 3 oz syrup, a dash of cinnamon and a pinch of cayenne per cocktail.
- Shake well and strain into martini glasses.
- Garnish with a sliver of persimmon.