You don’t need to buy this at Williams Sonoma. It is dead simple.
- 12 Oz Milk Chocolate
- 12 Oz White Chocolate
- 6 Candy Canes
- 1/2 Teaspoon Peppermint Extract
- Wax Paper
- Cookie Sheet
- Plastic Bag
- Double Boiler or Microwave
- Spatula or offset spatula.
- Place the candy canes in the plastic bag and break into really small pieces. Use a rolling pin or other heavy object to break apart the canes.
- Melt the milk chocolate. You can use either pieces or broken up bar. I like to use really good chocolate but the bog standard pieces will do. You can either melt over hot water in a double boiler (one pan on top of another) or in the microwave.
- Either way, stir the chocolate until smooth.
- Add 1/4 peppermint extract and stir in.
- Pour melted chocolate onto a piece of wax paper on a cookie sheet.
- Spread out with a spatula until you have a smooth layer.
- Stick in the refrigerator and let cool for about 15 minutes.
- Melt the white chocolate in the same manner.
- Stir in the other 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract.
- Stir in about 1/2 of the crushed candy cane.
- Pour over the chocolate and smooth out in the same manner.
- Sprinkle the rest of the candy cane evenly over the two layers.
- Let cool in the refrigerator for another 10 minutes.
- Cut and break into pieces.
- Store in an air tight container, serve or give as gifts.