Turnip greens are currently in season. They are an amazing source of vegetable protein and really good for you (but don’t tell your kids). They are a wonderful vegetable to have with a few other vegetables of a side dish to a meat. You can make these any way you want and not screw them up. They take flavor like any other green.
- 1 -1 1/2 lbs. Turnip Greens, stemmed and washed
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Shallot, minced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Teaspoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- Salt and Pepper
- Sauté Pan
- Chef’s Knife
- In a pan heat the olive oil and add the shallot, red pepper flakes and garlic. Cook until smelling good.
- Add the turnip greens and sauté until wilted.
- Add the chicken broth and cook over medium low heat until the broth reduces.
- Finish with a little balsamic in the bottom of the pan.
- Salt and pepper to taste.